1. Miranda Grell, Labour COUNCILLOR has been charged in connection with alleged misconduct during last year's local election. Grell, 28, who represents Leyton ward, today was charged with four counts of making false statements contrary to Section 106 (1) of the Representation of the People Act 1983. The Labour councillor will appear at Waltham Forest Magistrates' Court on Tuesday, April 17. http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/walthamforest/walthamforestnews/display.var.1322120.0.councillor_on_criminal_charges.php
1. Fida Hussain, Labour Councillor (Oldham/Lancashire), Arrested and charged with money laundering offences in 2007, following a five-month police investigation into his financial affairs. Released on bail pending further enquiries. http://www.theasiannews.co.uk/news/s/224/224554_councillor_says_he_has_nothing_to_hide.html
1. Rod Hills MBE, Labour Council Leader (York/Yorkshire), Stood trial in 2002 on various charges, including Blackmail, Witness Intimidation, Perverting the Course of Justice, Soliciting a Woman for Prostitution, and Wasting Police Time, but was eventually cleared on all charges, except one for dangerous driving. The following year he was arrested again, although Police refused to say what the latest investigation was in connection with. http://archive.thenorthernecho.co.uk/2003/2/6/104799.html
1. Dennis Nilsen, Homosexual mass murderer, who strangled and dismembered 16 young men in the 1980`s, was also a highly active member of Labour fringe groups such as the Anti-Nazi League, and the SWP. That’s when he wasn’t busy boiling peoples heads in a pot, or masturbating over the corpses of his victims. http://www.heretical.com/British/dnilsen.html
1. Hussain Akhtar, Labour Councillor (Blackburn/Lancashire), - Fined £3,500 and ordered to pay costs, following 3 court cases in 2 years over public health violations at his shop `Akhtars Food Store`. Some of the exotic eastern delights discovered by inspectors at Cllr Akhtars shop included cockroaches, a dead mouse, and rodent droppings in Bombay mix. http://www.asianimage.co.uk/news/latest/display.var.1250173.0.councillor_owns_500_00_house.php
2. Stephen Twigg, Former Labour Cabinet Minister (Education), Arrested and fined £50 in 2005 after being found `drunk and incapable` in the street. http://www.pinknews.co.uk/news/view.php?id=259
1. Charles Ingle, Former Labour Councillor (East Lothian/Scotland), who resigned the Labour Party whip in 2003 to become an Independent – Charged with breach of the peace in 2005, following an incident involving Mr Ingle and a council official. http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=92632005
2. Nicholas Green, Labour Mayor and Council Leader (Westhoughton/Lancashire), Convicted and jailed for 10 years in 1998, for 3 rapes and 13 counts of indecent assault against little girls between the age of 6 and 10. He raped one woman on her wedding day. http://archive.leighjournal.co.uk/1998/10/3/788498.html
1. John Winstanley, Labour Mayor (Todmordon/West Yorkshire), Convicted and jailed in 1986 for rape and threats to kill. After raping and threatening to kill his terrified victim, Winstanley then ordered the woman to go on all fours before urinating on her.
1. John Whiteman, Labour Councillor and Deputy Council Leader (Northumberland), who was also a senior member of the local police authority – Convicted and fined in 2002 for soliciting a prostitute in the red light district of Middlesbrough. The court heard Whitman was arrested in his car as Police discovered him in a “state of undress” with a lady of the night he had just paid £35 for sex. He subsequently resigned from the council. http://archive.thenorthernecho.co.uk/2002/1/6/149505.html
1. Jane Griffiths, Former Labour MP (Reading East), Jane Griffiths – Arrested in 2005 after failing to appear at a court hearing on charges of £29,000 worth of tax evasion. After her election in 1997, Griffiths went on to become the first Labour MP in a decade to be de-selected by the party in 2004. She was succeeded as Labours 2005 Reading East Parliamentary candidate by convicted toilet nonce-case Tony Page, who features in the sex crimes part of this list. Vote Labour! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4292884.stm
1. Ken Brookman, Labour Councillor (Pontypridd/Wales), Bit off a mans ear in front of his victims wife and 12-year old daughter, following a dispute over a seat on a train. Convicted on 2 counts of unlawful wounding and given a fine and suspended 2-year sentence in 1997.